This policy applies to the use of your personal information by Bupp Ltd ('Bupp').
Bupp cares about and is committed to protecting your personal data. This policy lets you know how we look after your personal data as a Bupp member. It is important that you read it so you know how and why we are using your data. For the purposes of information protection laws, we act as a 'Data Controller' of personal information that is collected and used in conjunction with your membership of Bupp. We ensure we apply safeguards and take into account your requests to ensure your personal information is protected.
The Bupp programme is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data related to children. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).
We will update you if any changes occur that may impact your personal information or the service Bupp offers. We operate the Bupp programme where our members can transfer their loyalty or reward points from other programmes and exchange them for Bupp points. Bupp points can then be redeemed for offers and services from our partners.
We want you to be confident that we will use your personal information securely. 'Personal Information' means information that relates to you, this might include; your name, email address or other digital identifiers. Our aim is to use your personal information in order to present the most relevant Bupp experience to you. This will help us to present the product and services we think you might like.
You control your personal information and no one else. Examples of how we may collect, store and transfer information about you when you interact with Bupp:
- Bupp Sign Up.
- Additional optional information in your membership profile and marketing preferences.
- Bupp usage including the opening of messages from us and your device's location.
- Activity on our website and any mobile application if added in the future.
- Where you transfer points into Bupp 'from', and where you spend your Bupp points.
- Entry to any promotions run by us.
- Interaction on our social media channels.
- Contacting Bupp
- Information collected by Bupp partners or agencies working on our behalf.
- Publicly available information including information gathered by government and law enforcement agencies.
Examples of the types of personal information we may hold about you:
- Email address
- Mobile phone number
- Date of birth
- Your location (particularly for local offers).
- Where points have been transferred from
- Where Bupp points have been spent
- Your usage of the Bupp programme
- Your activity when we message you
- Promotion entry
- Social Media interaction with us.Personal
We will use your personal information to provide our services to you, some of this information will be essential e.g. to create a Bupp account, some of this information will be optional to enhance your experience e.g. postcode for the receipt of local offers.
'Lawful basis' reflects a number of lawful reasons available to organisations to justify their processing of personal information, for example:
- Performance of a contract e.g. when you redeem Bupp points for a Bupp product.
- Processing your data in our legitimate interests or those of our partners e.g. in conducting our business and optimising our user experience.
- A legal obligation to process your data: Passing of information to law enforcement agencies.
- Where you have given us your consent to process your personal information e.g. to enhance your Bupp experience.
Some examples of how we may use your personal information:
- To create and develop your account profile to enhance your Bupp experience.
- To enable you to track the transfer, purchase and redemption of Bupp points.
- To continually improve our customer support.
- To communicate effectively with you e.g. when your auction bid has been outbid.
- To send you relevant marketing messages and to keep you 'in the know' with the latest news, offers and promotions, unless you have opted out from such communications.
- To interact with you on social media.
- To protect our business interests and to make sure our services are secure and comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures e.g. monitoring unusual behaviour.
- We send Bupp marketing communication unless you tell us not to. You will be given the option to receive marketing communications when you register for Bupp, you can also update your marketing preferences via your profile page or by contacting us at any time. Our marketing may include, phone, email, push notifications including SMS and selected third-party platforms e.g. Instagram. Sharing your personal information.
We may share your personal information with a number of third parties including Bupp partners and agents that provide services to us, in connection with the purposes and on lawful grounds outlined above, including but not limited to the following:
- Partners of Bupp.
- Customer service companies.
- Analytics providers.
- Payment providers and credit card screening companies.
- Companies that support our marketing, social and research campaigns.
- Third-party software companies.
- IT companies and hosting providers.
- Fraud protection agencies.
- Potential successors of all or part of our business in the event of a sale, merger or reorganisation.
- Any third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where we are permitted or required to by law.
- Regulators or governmental bodies.
If we do share your information we will only share it with our carefully selected partners and suppliers. We will require all partners to treat your personal information as confidential and to fully comply with all applicable information protection laws and consumer legislation. All of our suppliers are expected to treat your information in line with applicable UK laws.
Cookies and other online identifiers.
Here are some examples:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and ensuring our website remains secure.
- Performance cookies: These allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it, which in turn helps us to improve our members can find what they want as quickly as possible.
- Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to the Bupp website and helps us to personalise the experience for you.
You can block cookies or avoid certain cookies by configuring your browser settings to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Please note that by blocking or deleting cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of our services. Keep your Personal Information Safe. To find out more about cookies please visit; www.aboutcookies.org
We have put in place appropriate security procedures in relation to how your information is stored, accessed and transferred to help stop any unauthorised person from getting hold of it. All personal information will be kept behind a firewall. We also have access to management procedures to ensure only qualified and necessary personnel have the access they need to perform their roles. No system is 100% secure and we can't completely guarantee the protection of your personal data any more than any other organisation can. We will take all appropriate measures to respond to and manage any incident in accordance with relevant information and protection legislation. This will include; containing the incident, attempting to recover the information, assessing the risk and notifying those affected if necessary.
We will only retain your information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing it. This includes keeping your information safe whilst you are a member of Bupp. Also for a period after your Bupp membership ceases, only for as long as we need it and are justified in doing so to comply with any relevant legal obligations. You can request that we delete your personal information at any time please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can update your information via your Bupp profile page or by contacting us directly. email@example.com
You have the right to object to Bupp using your data for our legitimate interests. This may affect our ability to carry out some or all of Bupp's services for you. You have the right to stop using Bupp and terminate your membership at any time. When you do so you will no longer be able to use Bupp or Bupp points. You also have the following rights:
- Right of Rectification: Where data is inaccurate, the individual concerned has a right to apply to rectify, block, erase or destroy the inaccurate information. Please contact Bupp to rectify the issues firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right of Erasure: You have the right to request that Bupp erase all personal information about you. We may be able to reject or restrict this request in some circumstances depending on the information we hold and our lawful reason to keep it.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to certain processing by us of your personal information where the processing is based on our 'legitimate interests'.
If you’d prefer to write to us, you can reach us at Legal Department, Bupp Ltd, Pitt House, Church Grove, Fleet, Gu51 4LA
Information Commissioner's Office (ICO): We happy to help you with any issues you have. If we are unable to resolve any concerns you can visit the ICO at www.ico.org.uk.